- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- CONJUGATE: HRP
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Activity, Blocking, Complement Mediated Cell Depletion, Depletion, Flow, IHC, IP, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GSK-3a Antibody [SBGSK3a1] for use in western blotting assays.
- SPECIFICITY: GSK-3alpha
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2a
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in a stock solution of 50% glycerol/50% PBS, pH 7.4; No preservative added
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store vial at 2-8°C
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GSK3A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Glycogen synthase kinase-3
- Protein Accession Number: P49840
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2931
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) is a protein serine kinase that phosphorylates glycogen synthase and thereby inactivates it. Insulin stimulates the dephosphorylation of glycogen synthase at the sites phosphorylated by GSK-3 and subsequently inhibits GSK-3 acutely leading to the stimulation of glycogen synthesis. GSK-3 signaling is performed by two isoforms, GSK-3alpha and GSK-3beta. The two isoforms share 97% sequence similarity within their catalytic domains. GSK-3 has also been shown to play a role in protein synthesis, cell adhesion, cell proliferation, cell differentiation, microtubule dynamics, and cell motility.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 99-741
- Size: 1 mL
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.