- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This GRM7 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 240-269 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human GRM7.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 102 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GRM7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Metabotropic glutamate receptor 7, mGluR7, GRM7, GPRC1G, MGLUR7
- Protein Accession Number: Q14831
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 2495078
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2917
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- L-glutamate is the major excitatory neurotransmitter inthe central nervous system, and it activates both ionotropic andmetabotropic glutamate receptors. Glutamatergic neurotransmissionis involved in most aspects of normal brain function and can beperturbed in many neuropathologic conditions. The metabotropicglutamate receptors are a family of G protein-coupled receptorsthat have been divided into three groups on the basis of sequencehomology, putative signal transduction mechanisms, andpharmacologic properties. Group I includes GRM1 and GRM5, and thesereceptors have been shown to activate phospholipase C. Group IIincludes GRM2 and GRM3, while Group III includes GRM4, GRM6, GRM7and GRM8. Group II and III receptors are linked to the inhibitionof the cyclic AMP cascade but differ in their agonistselectivities. Multiple transcript variants encoding differentisoforms have been found for this gene.
- 1: Bailey, S.D., et al. Diabetes Care 33(10):2250-2253(2010)
- 2: Saus, E., et al.Psychiatr Res 44(14):971-978(2010)
- 3: Rose, J.E., et al. Mol. Med. 16 (7-8), 247-253 (2010) :
- 4: Joslyn, G., et al. Alcohol. Clin. Exp. Res. 34(5):800-812(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 58-848
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.