- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (94%), Rat: (94%), Bovine: (83%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal GRINA antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the center of human GRINA.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 110 - 160 of GRINA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GRINA antibody can be used for detection of GRINA by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: GRINA antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the TMBIM family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1313 - Human Testis Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 41 kDa
- PURIFICATION: GRINA Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GRINA Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GRINA antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GRINA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GRINA Antibody: LFG1, HNRGW, TMBIM3, NMDARA1, LFG1, Protein lifeguard 1, NMDA receptor glutamate-binding subunit
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001009184
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 57165375
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2907
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- GRINA Antibody: The transmembrane BAX inhibitor motif (TMBIM) family of proteins includes the founder member TMBIM6/BI-1, TMBIM1/RECS1 (responsive to centrifugal force and shear stress gene 1 protein), TMBIM2/LFG (life guard), TMBIM3/GRINA (glutamate receptor ionotropic NMDA protein 1), TMBIM4/GAAP (Golgi anti-apoptotic-associated protein), and TMBIM5/GHTIM (growth hormone-inducible transmembrane protein). They are highly conserved in mammals and zebrafish and contain a conserved BAX inhibitor-1 motif. GRINA is expressed in the brain and is a potential apoptotic regulator.
- 1: Yamaji T, Nishikawa K and Hanada K et al. Transmembrane BAX inhibitor motif containing (TMBIM) family proteins perturbs a trans-Golgi network enzyme, Gb3 synthase, and reduces Gb3 biosynthesis. J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285:35505-18.
- 2: Nielsen JA, Chambers MA, Romm E, et al. Mouse transmembrane BAX inhibitor motif 3 (Tmbim3) encodes a 38 kDa transmembrane protein expressed in the central nervous system. Mol. Cell. Biochem. 2011; 357:73-81.
- 3: Rojas-Rivera D, Armisén R, Colombo A, et al. TMBIM3/GRINA is a novel unfolded protein response (UPR) target gene that controls apoptosis through the modulation of ER calcium homeostasis. Cell Death Differ. 2012; 19:1013-26.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7147
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.