- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Grik5 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of the human Grik5.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Grik5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Grik5 antibody can be used for detection of Grik5 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: This Grik5 antibody does not cross-react with Grik4.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: Grik5 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Grik5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Grik5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GRIK5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Grik5 Antibody: KA2, EAA2, GRIK2, GluK5, Glutamate receptor ionotropic, kainate 5, Excitatory amino acid receptor 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002079
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 29029597
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2901
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Grik5 Antibody: Glutamate receptors are the predominant excitatory neurotransmitter receptors in the mammalian brain and are activated in a variety of normal neurophysiologic processes. Grik5, also known as kainate-preferring glutamate recptor subunit KA2, belongs to the kainate family of glutamate receptors, which are composed of four subunits and function as ligand-activated ion channels. Grik5 is highly homologous to the related ionotrophic glutamate receptor Grik4 (also known as KA1). Like Grik4, Grik5 does not form homomeric channels, but instead forms heteromers with Grik2. In Grik2- but not Grik1-null mice, Grik5 surface expression is greatly reduced in neurons, indicating that Grik2/Grik5 heteromers are required for exit from the endoplasmic reticulum to the cell surface.
- 1: Tanaka K. Functions of glutamate transports in the brain. Neurosci. Res.2000; 37:15-9.
- 2: Herb A, Burnashev N, Werner P, et al. The KA-2 subunit of excitatory amino acid receptors shows widespread expression in brain and forms ion channels with distantly related subunits. Neuron1992; 8:775-85.
- 3: Pinheiro P and Mulle C. Kainate receptors. Cell Tissue Res.2006; 326:457-82.
- 4: Nasu-Nishimura Y, Hurtado D, Braud S, et al. Tification of an endoplasmic reticulum-retention motif in an intracellular loop of the kainate receptor subunit KA2. J. Neurosci.2006; 26:7014-21.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4397
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.