- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human GRIK5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GRIK5 antibody can be used for detection of GRIK5 by ELISA at 1:62500. GRIK5 antibody can be used for detection of GRIK5 by western blot at 1 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 108 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by peptide affinity chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store GRIK5 antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GRIK5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GRIK5, EAA2, GRIK2, KA2, GluK5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002079
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 29029597
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2901
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- GRIK5 is a protein that belongs to the glutamate-gated ionic channel family. Glutamate functions as the major excitatory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system through activation of ligand-gated ion channels and G protein-coupled membrane receptors. GRIK5 forms functional heteromeric kainate-preferring ionic channels with the subunits encoded by related gene family members.This gene encodes a protein that belongs to the glutamate-gated ionic channel family. Glutamate functions as the major excitatory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system through activation of ligand-gated ion channels and G protein-coupled membrane receptors. The protein encoded by this gene forms functional heteromeric kainate-preferring ionic channels with the subunits encoded by related gene family members. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications.
- 1: Shibata, H., (2006) Psychiatry Res 141 (1), 39-51.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 25-380
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $475.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.