- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Grik3 antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of the human Grik3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of Grik3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Grik3 antibody can be used for detection of Grik3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Grik3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Grik3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Grik3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GRIK3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Grik3 Antibody: EAA5, GLR7, GLUR7, GluK3, GluR7a, Glutamate receptor ionotropic, kainate 3, Excitatory amino acid receptor 5
- Protein Accession Number: CAI19119
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 56205347
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2899
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Grik3 Antibody: Glutamate receptors are the predominant excitatory neurotransmitter receptors in the mammalian brain and are activated in a variety of normal neurophysiologic processes. Grik3, also known as glutamate receptor 7, belongs to the kainate family of glutamate receptors, which are composed of four subunits and function as ligand-activated ion channels. Grik3 is highly homologous to the related ionotrophic glutamate receptors Grik2 and Grik1. Grik3 has recently been shown to be an essential subunit of presynaptic kainate autoreceptors at hippocampal mossy fiber synapses as grik3-null mice show significantly reduced short- and long-term synaptic potentiation. Other reports have suggested that different polymorphisms in the Grik3 protein may be associated with neurological defects such as recurrent major depressive disorder and schizophrenia. This Grik3 antibody does not cross-react with Grik2.
- 1: Tanaka K. Functions of glutamate transports in the brain. Neurosci. Res.2000; 37:15-9.
- 2: Pinheiro P and Mulle C. Kainate receptors. Cell Tissue Res.2006; 326:457-82.
- 3: Puranam RS, Eubanks JH, Heinemann SF, et al. Chromosomal localization of gene for human glutamate receptor subunit-7. Somat. Cell Mol. Genet.1993; 19:581-8.
- 4: Pinheiro PS, Perrais D, Coussen F, et al. GluR7 is an essential subunit of presynaptic kainate autoreceptors at hippocampal mossy fiber synapses. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA2007; 104:12181-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4389
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.