- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat, Pr
- IMMUNOGEN: This GRIA4 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 296-325 amino acids from the Central region of human GRIA4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 101 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GRIA4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Glutamate receptor 4, GluR-4, GluR4, AMPA-selective glutamate receptor 4, GluR-D, Glutamate receptor ionotropic, AMPA 4, GluA4, GRIA4, GLUR4
- Protein Accession Number: P48058
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 218512059
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2893
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Glutamate receptors are the predominant excitatoryneurotransmitter receptors in the mammalian brain and are activatedin a variety of normal neurophysiologic processes. These receptorsare heteromeric protein complexes composed of multiple subunits,arranged to form ligand-gated ion channels. The classification ofglutamate receptors is based on their activation by differentpharmacologic agonists. The subunit encoded by this gene belongs toa family of AMPA (alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionate)-sensitive glutamate receptors, and is subject to RNAediting (AGA->GGA; R->G). Alternative splicing of this gene resultsin transcript variants encoding different isoforms, which may varyin their signal transduction properties. Some haplotypes of thisgene show a positive association with schizophrenia. [provided byRefSeq].
- 1: Need, A.C., et al. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 17(7):946-957(2009)
- 2: Volpi, S., et al.Clin Psychiatry 70(6):801-809(2009)
- 3: Kessels, H.W., et al. Neuron 61(3):340-350(2009)
- 4: Arai, S., et al. Psychiatr. Genet. 19(1):6-13(2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-748
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.