- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Lys 25 - Asp 184
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for E, WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 20.2 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its binding ability in a functional ELISA. Immobilized Human BMP-2, Tag Free at 2 ug/mL (100 uL/well) can bind Human Gremlin, His Tag with a linear range of 0.8-81.9 ng/mL.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level is less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4 with 1 mM EDTA
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Gremlin
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GREM1,CKTSF1B1,DAND2,DRM,PIG2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_037504
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 26585
- Gremlin is also known as Cysteine knot superfamily 1, BMP antagonist 1 (CKTSF1B1), DAN domain family member 2 (DAND2), Down-regulated in Mos-transformed cells protein (DRM), Increased in high glucose protein 2 (IHG-2), Cell proliferation-inducing gene 2 protein (PIG2) or Gremlin-1 (GREM1), which is highly expressed in small intestine, fetal brain and colon. Gremlin / GREM-1 interacts with SLIT1 and SLIT2 in a glycosylation-dependent manner. Gremlin may play an important role during carcinogenesis and metanephric kidney organogenesis, as a BMP antagonist required for early limb outgrowth and patterning in maintaining the FGF4-SHH feedback loop. Gremlin down-regulates the BMP4 signaling in a dose-dependent manner and acts as inhibitor of monocyte chemotaxis.
- 1: McMahon R., et al., 2000, J. Biol. Chem. 275:9901-9904.
- 2: Topol L.Z., et al., 2000, Cytogenet. Cell Genet. 89:79-84.
- 3: Jaeger E., et al., 2012, Nat. Genet. 44:699-703.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-880
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.