- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: GPRASP1 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human GPRASP1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 260 - 310 of GPRASP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GPRASP1 antibody can be used for detection of GPRASP1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: GPRASP1 antibody is human and mouse reactive. This antibody is predicted to not cross-react with GPRASP2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 153 kDa
Observed: 150 kDa
- PURIFICATION: GPRASP1 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GPRASP1 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GPRASP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GPRASP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: G-protein coupled receptor-associated sorting protein 1, GASP, GASP-1, GASP1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001171656
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 296080706
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9737
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The G protein-coupled receptor associated sorting protein 1 (GPRASP1) is a member of the GPRASP family and is thought to modulate lysosomal sorting and functional down-regulation of a variety of G-protein coupled receptors (1,2). GPRASP1 interacts with receptors such as the D2 dopamine receptor (DRD2), delta opioid receptor (OPRD1), beta-2 adrenergic receptor (ADRB2), D4 dopamine receptor (DRD4) and cannabinoid 1 receptor (CNR1) and targets these proteins for degradation in lysosomes (2). Recently, it has been shown that increased GPRASP1 levels may act as a potential biomarker for breast cancer (3).
- 1: Simonin F, Karcher P, Boeuf JJ, et al. Identification of a novel family of G protein-coupled receptor associated proteins. J. Neurochem. 2004; 89:766-75.
- 2: Moser E, Kargl J, Whistler JL, et al. G protein-coupled receptor-associated sorting protein 1 regulates the postendocytic sorting of seven-transmembrane-spanning G protein-coupled receptors. Pharmacology 2010; 86:22-9.
- 3: Tuszynski GP, Rothman VL, Zheng X, et al. G-protein coupled receptor-associated sorting protein 1 (GASP-1), a potential biomarker in breast cancer. Exp. Mol. Pathol. 2011; 91:608-13.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7987
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin