- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: GPR3 antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human GPR3.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of GPR3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GPR3 antibody can be used for detection of GPR3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1287 - EL4 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 36 kDa
Observed: 36 kDa
- PURIFICATION: GPR3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GPR3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GPR3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GPR3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GPR3 Antibody: ACCA, ACCA, G-protein coupled receptor 3, ACCA orphan receptor
- Protein Accession Number: P46089
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1170006
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2827
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- GPR3 Antibody: GPR3, also known as ACCA, is a G-protein coupled receptor that constitutively activates adenylate cyclase and is highly expressed in the central nervous system. Overexpression of GPR3 stimulates the production of amyloid-beta peptide (Abeta), the deposition of which is one of the pathological hallmarks of Alzheimer 's disease (AD), while the ablation of GPR3 prevented the accumulation of Abeta in vitro and in an AD mouse model. This is of particular interest because of the proximity of a reported candidate Alzheimer 's disease (AD) locus, suggesting that GPR3 may be a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of AD. GPR3 has also been shown to block the proliferation of cerebellar granule cell precursors (GCP) during postnatal development by inhibiting the Shh-induced proliferation of GCP, indicating that GPR3 activation may represent one of the signals that triggers the postnatal cell cycle exit and terminal differentiation of GPCs.
- 1: Marchesse A, Docherty JM, Nguyen T, et al. Cloning of human genes encoding novel G protein-coupled receptors. Genomics1994; 23:609-18.
- 2: Eggerickx D, Denef JF, Labbe O, et al. Molecular cloning of an orphan G-protein-coupled receptor that constitutively activates adenylate cyclase. Biochem. J.1995; 309:837-43.
- 3: Thathiah A, Spittaels K, Hoffmann M, et al. The orphan G protein-coupled receptor 3 modulates amyloid-beta peptide generation in neurons. Science2009; 323:946-951.
- 4: Blacker D, Bertram L, Saunder AJ, et al. Results of a high-resolution genome screen of 437 Alzheimer's disease families. Hum. Mol. Genet.2003; 12:23-32.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5175
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin