- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (100%), Bovine: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: GPAT1 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of the human GPAT1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 730 - 780 of GPAT1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GPAT1 antibody can be used for detection of GPAT1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse and rat samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least four isoforms of GPAT1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect only the two largest isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 87, 91 kDa
Observed: 92 kDa
- PURIFICATION: GPAT1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GPAT1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GPAT1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GPAM
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GPAT1 Antibody: GPAT, GPAT1, KIAA1560, Glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase 1, mitochondrial, GPAT-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_065969
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 190358539
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 57678
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- GPAT1 Antibody: Glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase 1 (GPAT1), one of four known GPAT isoforms, is located on the mitochondrial outer membrane, allowing reciprocal regulation with carnitine palmitoyltransferase-1. It is thought to be critical for the development of hepatic steatosis; steatosis triggered by GPAT1 overexpression leads to hepatic and possibly peripheral insulin resistance. GPAT1 is transcriptionally upregulated by insulin and sterol regulatory element binding protein (SREBP-1) and downregulated by AMP-activated protein kinase. Mice deficient in GPAT1 exhibit decreased triacylglycerol (TAG) in cardiomyocytes even in high-fat diets, suggesting that GPAT1 contributes significantly to TAG accumulation in heart tissue during lipogenic or high fat diets.
- 1: Coleman RA and Lee DP. Enzymes of triacylglycerol synthesis and their regulation. Prog. Lipid Res. 2004; 43:134-76.
- 2: Linden D, William-Olsson L, Ahnmark A, et al. Liver-directed overexpression of mitochondrial glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase results in hepatic steatosis, increased triacylglycerol secretion and reduced fatty acid oxidation. FASEB J. 2006; 20:434-43.
- 3: Eberle D, Hegarty B, Bossard P, et al. SREBP transcription factors: master regulators of lipid homeostasis. Biochimie 2004; 86:839-48.
- 4: Lewin TM, de Jong H, Schwerbrock NJ, et al. Mice deficient in glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase-1 have diminished myocardial triacylglycerol accumulation during lipogenic diet and altered phospholipid fatty acid composition. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 2008; 1781:352-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4613
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin