- HOST SPECIES: Goat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: gp120 antibody was raised against 15 amino acids from near the center of gp120.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 470 - 520 of gp120.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Gp120 antibody can be used for detection of gp120 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
- PURIFICATION: gp120 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: gp120 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: gp120 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: env
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: gp120 Antibody: Envelope glycoprotein gp160
- Protein Accession Number: AAB05604
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1465781
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 155971
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- gp120 Antibody: Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) entry into target cells is directed by the envelope (Env) glycoproteins, which are present on the surface of HIV-1 virion or infected cells in the form of trimers consisting of gp120/gp41 complexes. The surface subunit, gp120, initiates the entry process by interacting sequentially with the CD4 receptor and a co-receptor CCR5 or CXCR4, thereby inducing a conformational change that allows the transmembrane (TM) gp41 subunit to mediate fusion between viral and target cell membranes. Cleavage of Env into its gp120 and gp41 components is necessary for activation of its fusogenic activity.
- 1: Pinter A. Roles of HIV-1 Env variable regions in viral neutralization and vaccine development. Curr. HIV Res.2007; 5:542-53.
- 2: Alkhatib G and Berger EA. HIV coreceptors: from discovery and designation to new paradigms and promise. Eur. J. Med. Res.2007; 12:375-84.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4777
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin