- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: The extract of pigmented melanoma metastases from lymph nodes was used as the immunogen for this gp100 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1-2 ug/ml
Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells
IF: 0.5-1 ug/ml
IHC (FFPE): 0.5-1.0 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the gp100 antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- SPECIFICITY: Does not react with dog, rat
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PMEL
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Melanocyte protein PMEL, ME20-M, ME20M, Melanocyte protein Pmel 17, Melanocytes lineage-specific antigen GP100, Melanoma-associated ME20 antigen, P1, P100, Premelanosome protein, Silver locus protein homolog, M-alpha, 95 kDa melanocyte-specific secreted glycoprotein, P26, Secreted melanoma-associated ME20 antigen, ME20-S, ME20S, M-beta, PMEL, D12S53E, PMEL17, SILV
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6490
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Melanocytes produce organelles called melanosomes which produce melanin, the pigment that gives color to skin, hair, eyes, scales and feathers. gp100 was identified in an attempt to clone the gene Tyrosinase, an enzyme required for melanin synthesis. Further testing determined that gp100 is a melanoma-specific protein and is responsible for melanosome maturation, facilitating the transition from amorphous rounded vesicles to fibrillary ellipsoid organelles.
Metastatic amelanotic melanoma can often be confused with a variety of poorly differentiated carcinomas, large cell lymphomas, and sarcomas using H & E stains alone. It is also difficult to differentiate melanoma from spindle cell carcinomas and various types of mesenchymal neoplasms. Clone HMB45 gp100 antibody stains fetal and neonatal melanocytes, junctional and blue nevus cells, and malignant melanoma. It also stains angiomyolipomas, tumors most commonly associated with the kidney. Intradermal nevi, normal adult melanocytes, and non-melanocytic cells are negative. This gp100 antibody does not stain tumor cells of epithelial, lymphoid, glial, or mesenchymal origin.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-201
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin