- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (83%), Rat: (83%)
- IMMUNOGEN: GOLPH1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human GOLPH1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50 - 100 of GOLPH1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GOLPH1 antibody can be used for detection of GOLPH1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: GOLPH1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GOLPH1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GOLPH1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ACBD3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GOLPH1 Antibody: PAP7, GCP60, GOCAP1, GOLPH1, Golgi resident protein GCP60, Acyl-CoA-binding domain-containing protein 3
- Protein Accession Number: EAW69775
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 119590181
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 64746
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- GOLPH1 Antibody: GOLPH1, also known as GCP60, was initially identified as a Golgi protein that can interact with the integral membrane protein giantin and is thought to be involved in the maintenance of the Golgi structure. GOLPH1 has also been shown to interact with other Golgi proteins such as Golgin-160, a Golgi protein that can be cleaved by caspases-2, -3, and -7, leading to the nuclear localization of Golgin-160. GOLPH1 interaction with the Golgin-160 fragments is stronger than that with the intact Golgin-160, with its interaction regulated by the oxidation state of Cys-463 within GOLPH1, suggesting that the nuclear localization of the caspase-cleaved Golgin-160 fragments is a highly coordinated event. GOLPH1 has also been found to interact with Numb, a cytosolic signaling protein that mediates asymetric cell division of neural progenitor cells to a daughter progenitor cell and a neuron, suggesting that Golgi fragmentation and reconstitution during the cell cycle differentially regulate Numb signaling through changes in GOLPH1 subcellular distribution and may couple cell fate with cell cycle progression.
- 1: Sohda M, Misumi Y, Yamamoto A, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel Golgi protein, GCP60, that interacts with the integral membrane protein giantin. J. Biol. Chem.2001; 276:45298-306.
- 2: Mancini M, Machamer CE, Roy S, et al. Caspase-2 is localized at the Golgi complex and cleaves golgin-160 during apoptosis. J. Cell Biol.2000; 149:603-12.
- 3: Sbodio JI and Machamer CE. Identification of a redox-sensitive cysteine in GCP60 that regulates its interaction with Golgin-160. J. Biol. Chem.2007; 282:29874-81.
- 4: Zhou Y, Atkins JB, Rompani SB, et al. The mammalian Golgi regulates numb signaling in asymetric cell division by releasing ACBD3 during mitosis. Cell2007; 129:163-78.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5439
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin