- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: GOLGIN97 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human GOLGIN97.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of GOLGIN97.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GOLGIN97 antibody can be used for detection of GOLGIN97 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: GOLGIN97 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms of GOLGIN97 are known to exist; this antibody will detect only the longer isoform. GOLGIN97 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other GOLGIN family proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1319 - Human Stomach Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 84 kDa
Observed: 120 kDa
- PURIFICATION: GOLGIN97 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GOLGIN97 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GOLGIN97 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GOLGA1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Golgin subfamily A member 1, GOLGA1, GOLGIN A1, GOLGIN-97
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002068
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4504063
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2800
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- GOLGIN97 was initially isolated as a Golgi complex autoantigen associated with Sjogren's syndrome, a chronic autoimmune disease in which the body's white blood cells destroy the exocrine glands, specifically the salivary and lacrimal glands (1,2). GOLGIN97 plays a role as a tethering molecule in endosome to the trans-Golgi network (TGN) retrograde traffic (3). FIP1/RCP binding to GOLGIN97 is required for tethering and fusion of recycling endosome retrograde transport vesicles to the TGN (4).
- 1: Griffith KJ, Chan EK, Lung CC, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel 97-kd Golgi complex autoantigen associated with Sjogren's syndrome. Arthritis Rheum. 1997; 40:1693-702.
- 2: Borchers AT, Naguwa SM, Keen CL, et al. Immunopathogenesis of Sjogren's syndrome. Clin. Rev. Allergy Immunol. 2003; 25:89-104.
- 3: Lu L, Tai G, and Hong W. Autoantigen Golgin-97, and effector of ARL1 GTPase, participates in traffic from the endosome to the trans-Golgi network. Mol. Biol. Cell 2004; 15:4426-43.
- 4: Jing J, Junutula JR, Wu C, et al. FIP1/RCP binding to Golgin-97 regulates retrograde transport from recycling endosomes to the trans-Golgi network. Mol. Biol. Cell 2010; 21:3041-53.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8215
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin