- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala 18 - Glu 144
- FUSION TAG: Tag free
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 14.5 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The bio-activity was determined by dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of TF-1 cells. The ED50<25 pg/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of >4E+7 Unit/mg.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CSF2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GM-CSF, CSF2, MGC131935
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000749.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1437
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is also known as Colony stimulating factor 2 (granulocyte-macrophage), is a cytokine initially characterized by its ability to induce colonies of granulocytes and macrophages from myeloid progenitor cells, and is secreted by macrophages, T cells, mast cells, endothelial cells and fibroblasts. GM-CSF is a cytokine that functions as a white blood cell growth factor. GM-CSF stimulates stem cells to produce granulocytes (neutrophils, eosinophils, and basophils) and monocytes. Monocytes exitthe circulation and migrate into tissue, whereupon they mature into macrophages and dendritic cells. Thus, it is part of the immune/inflammatory cascade, by which activation of a small number of macrophages can rapidly lead to an increase in their numbers, a process crucial for fighting infection. The active form of the protein is found extracellularly as a homodimer. Human GM-CSF glycosylated in its mature form. As a part of the immune/inflammatory cascade, GM-CSF promotes Th1 biased immune response, angiogenesis, allergic inflammation, and the development of autoimmunity, and thus worthy of consideration for therapeutic target. GM-CSF has also recently been evaluated in clinical trials for its potential as a vaccine adjuvant in HIV-infected patients. The preliminary results have been promising. GM-CSF is also used as a medication to stimulate the production of white blood cells following chemotherapy.
- 1: Volmar, C.H. et al., 2008, Cytokine. 42(3): 336-344.
- 2: Breitbach CJ, et al., 2010, Nature 477 (7362): 99–102.
- 3: Korzenik J, et al., 2005, N Engl J Med 352 (21): 2193–201.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-356
- Size: 0.02 mg
- List Price: $350.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.