- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: P. pastoris
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala18-Glu144
- FUSION TAG: Tag Free
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 14.4 kD
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: ED50 is less than 0.2 ng/ml as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of human TF-1 cells.
Specific Activity of 5.0 x 106 IU/ mg.
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 10mM TrisHCl, 4% Mannitol, 1% Sucrose, pH 8.5. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CSF2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor, GM-CSF, Colony-Stimulating Factor, CSF, Molgramostin, Sargramostim, CSF2, GMCSF
- Protein Accession Number: P04141
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 767957252
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1437
- GM-CSF was initially characterized as a growth factor that can support the in vitro colony formation of granulocyte macrophage progenitors. It is produced by a number of different cell types (including activated T cells, B cells, macrophages, mast cells, endothelial cells and fibroblasts) in response to cytokine of immune and inflammatory stimuli. Besides granulocyte-macrophage progenitors, GM-CSF is also a growth factor for erythroid, megakaryocyte and eosinophil progenitors. On mature hematopoietic, monocytes/macrophages, and eosinophils, GM-CSF has also been reported to have a functional role on non-hematopoitic cells. It can induce human endothelial cells to migrate and proliferate. Additionally, GM-CSF can also stimulate the proliferation of a number of tumor cell lines, including osteogenic sarcoma, carcinoma and adenocarcinoma cell lines.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-030
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $455.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.