- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ser 24 - Gly 554
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 60.0 kDa. The protein migrates as 55-120 kDa under non-reducing (NR) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 60.0 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GPC2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Glypican 2,GPC2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_689955.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 221914
- Glypican 2 (GPC2), also known cerebroglycan, is a glycophosphatidylinositol-linked integral membrane heparan sulfate proteoglycan found in the developing nervous system. Cerebroglycan participates in cell adhesion and is thought to regulate the growth and guidance of axons. Cerebroglycan has especially high affinity for laminin-1. GPC2 silencing inactivates Wnt/β-catenin signaling and reduces the expression of N-Myc, an oncogenic driver of neuroblastoma tumorigenesis. Immunotoxins and chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells targeting GPC2 inhibit neuroblastoma growth in mouse models. A GPC3 specific antibody drug conjugate (ADC) can also inhibit neuroblastoma cell proliferation.
- 1: Herndon ME, et al. 1999. Glycobiology. 9(2):143-55.
- 2: Li N, et al. 2017. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 114(32):E6623-E6631.
- 3: Bosse KR, et al. 2017. Cancer Cell. 32(3):295-309.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-329
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.