- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant human GPA protein was used as the immunogen for the Glycophorin A antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.25-0.5 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
Optimal dilution of the Glycophorin A antibody should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GYPA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GYPA, glycophorin A (includes MN blood group), HGNC:4702, GPA, GPErik, GPSAT, HGpMiV, HGpMiX, HGpMiXI, HGpSta(C), MN, MNS, Mi.V glycoprotein (24 AA), erythroid-lineage-specific membrane sialoglycoprotein, glycophorin A, glycophorin Er
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2993
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Recognizes a sialoglycoprotein of 39kDa, identified as glycophorin A (GPA). It is present on red blood cells (RBC) and erythroid precursor cells. It has been shown that glycophorin acts as the receptor for Sandei virus and parvovirus. Glycophorins A (GPA) and B (GPB), which are single, trans-membrane sialoglycoproteins. GPA is the carrier of blood group M and N specificities, while GPB accounts for S and U specificities. GPA and GPB provide the cells with a large mucin like surface and it has been suggested this provides a barrier to cell fusion, so minimizing aggregation between red blood cells in the circulation.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-385
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.