- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Mouse monoclonal GLUL antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human GLUL.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GLUL antibody can be used for detection of GLUL by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 41 kDa
- PURIFICATION: GLUL Monoclonal Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GLUL Monoclonal Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GLUL Monoclonal antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GLUL
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GLUL Monoclonal Antibody: Glutamate ammonia ligase, glutamine synthase, glutamate decarboxylase, GLNS, GS, PIG43, PIG59, cell proliferation-inducing protein 59
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002056
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 19923206
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2752
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- GLUL Monoclonal Antibody: Glutamate ammonia ligase (GLUL) belongs to the glutamine synthetase family and catalyzes the synthesis of glutamine from glutamate and ammonia. Glutamine is a main source of energy and is involved in cell proliferation, inhibition of apoptosis, and cell signaling. GLUL is expressed during early fetal stages, and plays an important role in controlling body pH by removing ammonia from circulation. Recent studies have suggested that elevated levels of GLUL may be an early marker for hepatocellular carcinoma.
- 1: Wang Y, Kudoh J, Kubota R, et al. Chromosomal mapping of a family of human glutamine synthetase genes: functional gene (GLUL) on 1q25, pseudogene (GLULP) on 9p13, and three related genes (GLULL1, GLULL2, GLULL3) on 5q33, 11p15, and 11q24.
- 2: Long J, Lang ZW, Wang HG, et al. Glutamine synthetase as an early marker for hepatocellular carcinoma based on proteomic analysis of resected small hepatocellular carcinomas. Hepatobiliary Pancreat. Dis. Int. 2010; 9:296-305.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7209
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $459.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin