- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This GGPS1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 270-300 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human GGPS1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 35 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GGPS1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate synthase, GGPP synthase, GGPPSase, 251-, (2E,6E)-farnesyl diphosphate synthase, Dimethylallyltranstransferase, Farnesyl diphosphate synthase, Farnesyltranstransferase, Geranylgeranyl diphosphate synthase, Geranyltranstransferase, GGPS1
- Protein Accession Number: O95749
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9453
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Geranylgeranyl diphosphate (GGPP) synthase (GGPS) catalyzes the synthesis of GGPP, a molecule responsible for the C20-prenylation of protein and for the regulation of a nuclear hormone receptor. The deduced 300-amino acid human protein contains 5 conserved domains consistent with prenyltransferases. Recombinant GGPS shows enzymatic properties associated with the synthesis of GGPP from farnesyl diphosphate and isopentenyl diphosphate. Mouse GGPS is regulated in several tissues in obesity and is induced during adipocyte differentiation. GGPS is increased 5- to 20-fold in skeletal muscle, liver, and fat of ob/ob mice. Western blot analysis detects a 2-fold overexpression of protein in muscle and fat but not in liver. Differentiation of mouse fibroblasts into adipocytes induces GGPS expression more than 20-fold.
- 1: Kainou, T., et al., Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1437(3):333-340 (1999).
- 2: Kuzuguchi, T., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 274(9):5888-5894 (1999).
- 3: Ericsson, J., et al., J. Lipid Res. 39(9):1731-1739 (1998).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 61-392
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.