- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: GFR alpha 3 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid peptide near the center of murine GFR alpha 3.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of GFR alpha 3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GFR alpha 3 antibody can be used for detection of GFR alpha 3 expression by Western blot at 0.5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1401 - Mouse Heart Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1404 - Mouse Liver Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 44 kDa
Observed: 43 kDa
- PURIFICATION: GFR alpha 3 Antibody is Antibody is DEAE purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GFR alpha 3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GFR alpha 3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Gfra3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GFR alpha 3 Antibody: Y15110, GFRalpha3, GDNF family receptor alpha-3, GDNF receptor alpha-3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_034410
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 160298126
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 14587
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- GFR alpha 3 Antibody: Members of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) family, including GDNF and neurturin (NTN) play essential roles in the control of vertebrate neuron survival and differentiation. A new member of the GDNF family was recently identified and designated persephin. Physiological responses to these neurotrophic factors require two receptor subunits, the novel glycosylphosphadidylinositol linked protein GFRα and Ret receptor tyrosine kinase GFRbeta. Following the findings of GFRα-1 and -2, a novel receptor in GFRα family was identified from human and mouse and designated GFRα-3. GFRα-3 binds persephin, thus, persephin, GFRα-3, and Ret PTK form a complex to transduce persephin signal and to mediate persephin function.
- 1: Milbrandt J, de Sauvage FJ, Fahrner TJ, et al. Persephin, a novel neurotrophic factor related to GDNF and neurturin. Neuron 1998; 20:245-253.
- 2: Nomeclature Committee. Nomeclature of GPI-linked receptors for the GDNF ligand family. GFRa. Neuron 1997; 19:485.
- 3: Jing S, Yu Y, Fang M, et al. GFRα-2 and GFRα-3 are two new receptors for ligands of the DGNF family. J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272:33111-7.
- 4: Baloh RH, Gorodinsky A, Golden JP, et al. GFRα3 is an orphan member of the GDNF/neurturin/persephin receptor family. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1998; 95:5801-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 1137
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin