- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Chicken, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rabbit, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: GFAP isolated from pig spinal cord was used as the immunogen for this GFAP antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
Western blot: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.25-0.5 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format: incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The optimal dilution of the GFAP antibody for each application should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate Buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GFAP
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Glial fibrillary acidic protein, GFAP, GFAP
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2670
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This mAb recognizes a protein of ~50kDa which is identified as Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein (GFAP). It shows no cross-reaction with other intermediate filament proteins. GFAP is specifically found in astroglia. GFAP is a very popular marker for localizing benign astrocyte and neoplastic cells of glial origin in the central nervous system. Antibody to GFAP is useful in differentiating primary gliomas from metastatic lesions in the brain and for documenting astrocytic differentiation in tumors outside the CNS.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 34-112
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin