- SPECIES: Mouse, Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MSPDKQAAAL PRRERNRQAA AASPENSRGK GRRGQRGKNR GCVLTAIHLN VTDLGLGYET KEELIFRYCS GSCESAETMY DKILKNLSRS RRLTSDKVGQ ACCRPVAFDD DLSFLDDNLV YHILRKHSAK RCGCI
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was determined by the proliferation of rat C6 cells is ≤ 0.2 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 106 units/mg.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Gdnf
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Glial-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, ATF-1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 14573
- GDNF is a disulfide-linked, homodimeric neurotrophic factor structurally related to Artemin, Neurturin and Persephin. These proteins belong to the cysteine-knot superfamily of growth factors that assume stable dimeric protein structures. GDNF signals through a multicomponent receptor system, composed of a RET and one of the four GFRα (α1-α4) receptors. GDNF specifically promotes dopamine uptake and survival, and morphological differentiation of midbrain neurons. Using a Parkinson’s disease mouse model, GDNF has been shown to improve conditions such as bradykinesia, rigidity, and postural instability. The functional murine GDNF ligand is a disulfide-linked homodimer consisting of two 15.1 kDa polypeptide chains called monomers. Each monomer contains seven conserved cysteine residues, including Cys-101, which is used for inter-chain disulfide bridging, and others that are involved in the intramolecular ring formation known as the cysteine-knot configuration. The calculated molecular weight of Recombinant Murine GDNF is 30.2 kDa.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-774
- Size: 2 ug
- List Price: $195.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805