- SPECIES: Murine
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: APLANRQGKR PSKNLKARCS RKALHVNFKD MGWDDWIIAP LEYEAFHCEG LCEFPLRSHL EPTNHAVIQT LMNSMDPEST PPTCCVPTRL SPISILFIDS ANNVVYKQYE DMVVESCGCR
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized GDF-5 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted GDF-5 stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing GDF-5 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GDF5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: OS5, LAP4, BDA1C, BMP14, CDMP1, SYM1B, SYNS2, Cartilage-derived morphogenetic protein 1, GDF-5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000548.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4503969
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8200
- GDF-5 is expressed in long bones during embryonic development and postnatally in articular cartilage. Mutations in the GDF-5 gene have been implicated in Grebe Syndrome, which is characterized by short stature, extra digits, short and deformed extremities, and in Hunter-Thompson type dwarfism. The mature and functional form of GDF-5 is a homodimer of two 120 amino-acid polypeptide chain (monomers) linked by a single disulfide bond. Each GDF-5 monomer is expressed as the C-terminal part of a precursor polypeptide, which also contains a 27 amino-acid signal peptide and a 348 amino-acid propeptide. This precursor undergoes intracellular dimerization, and upon secretion it is processed by a furin-type protease. Recombinant murine GDF-5 is a 27.0 kDa homodimeric disulfide-linked protein consisting of two 120 amino acids.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-579
- Size: 0.01 mg | 0.05 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin