- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: AAIPVPKLSC KNLCHRHQLF INFRDLGWHK WIIAPKGFMA NYCHGECPFS LTISLNSSNY AFMQALMHAV DPEIPQAVCI PTKLSPISML YQDNNDNVIL RHYEDMVVDE CGCG
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by its ability to inhibit induced alkaline phosphatase production by ATDC - 5 chondrogenic cells. The ED50 for this effect is 100 - 150 ng/mL.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized GDF-3 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted GDF-3 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing GDF-3 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GDF3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: KFS3, MCOP7, MCOPCB6GDF-3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_065685.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 10190670
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9573
- GDF-3 is a member of the TGF-β superfamily of growth and differentiation factors, and is highly homologous to GDF-9. Unlike most TGF-β family members, GDF-3 and GDF-9 are not disulfide-linked dimers. GDF-3 is expressed in adult bone marrow, spleen, thymus, and adipose tissue. The expression of GDF-3 is upregulated in high-fat-fed wild-type FABP4/aP2 null mice and was associated with obesity, but not with the related hyperglycemia/hyperinsulinemia which characterizes Type 2 diabetes. Recombinant human GDF-3 is a 26.0 kDa non-disulfide-linked homodimer containing two 114 amino acid polypeptide chains.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-220
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.02 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin