- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: Cell Culture
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: ARNGDHCPLG PGRCCRLHTV RASLEDLGWA DWVLSPREVQ VTMCIGACPS QFRAANMHAQ IKTSLHRLKP DTVPAPCCVP ASYNPMVLIQ KTDTGVSLQT YDDLLAKDCH CI
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to inhibit alkaline phosphatase activity in differentiating MC3T3/E1 osetoblast cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 1.0-3.0 ug/ml.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GDF15
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Growth/Differentiation Factor-15, MIC-1, Macrophage Inhibitory Cytokine 1, Placental TGF, Prostate Differentiation Factor
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9518
- GDF-15 belongs to the TGF-β cytokine family, whose members play an important role during prenatal development and postnatal growth, and the remodeling and maintenance of a variety of tissues and organs. GDF-15 is expressed predominantly in the placenta and, to a much lesser extent, in various other tissues. The presence of GDF-15 in amniotic fluid and its elevated levels in the sera of pregnant women suggest GDF-15's involvement in gestation and embryonic development. GDF-15 generally exerts tumor suppressive activities and is one of the predominant factors produced and secreted in response to activation of the p53 pathway. Interestingly, the serum level of GDF-15 is positively correlated with neoplastic progression of several tumor types, including certain colorectal, pancreatic, and prostate cancers. Human GDF-15/MIC-1 is a disulfide linked homodimeric protein consisting of two 112 amino acid polypeptide chains. The calculated molecular weight of Human GDF-15/MIC-1 is 24.6 kDa.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-645
- Size: 5 ug
- List Price: $195.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin