- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala 197 - Ile 308
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the N-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 14.2 kDa. the protein migrates as 16-17 kDa under reducing (R) condition, and 27 kDa under non-reducing (NR) condition (SDS-PAGE).
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 14.2 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by reduced SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 60% ACN, 0.085% TFA
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GDF15
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GDF15,GDF-15,MIC-1,MIC1,NAG-1,PDF,PLAB,PTGFB,NRG-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004855.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9518
- Growth Differentiation Factor 15 (GDF-15), also called Macrophage Inhibitory Cytokine 1 (MIC-1). Expression of MIC-1 mRNA in monocytoid cells is up-regulated by a variety of stimuli associated with activation, including interleukin 1β, tumor necrosis factor α (TNF-α), interleukin 2, and macrophage colony-stimulating factor but not interferon γ, or lipopolysaccharide (LPS). It is highly expressed in cardiomyocytes, adipocytes, macrophages, endothelial cells, and vascular smooth muscle cells in normal and pathological condition. GDF-15 increases during tissue injury and inflammatory states and is associated with cardiometabolic risk. Increased GDF-15 levels are associated with cardiovascular diseases such as hypertrophy, heart failure, atherosclerosis, endothelial dysfunction, obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes, and chronic kidney diseases in diabetes. Increased GDF-15 level is linked with the progression and prognosis of the disease condition.
- 1: Bootcov MR., et al. 1997, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A., 94(21), 11514-9.
- 2: Adela R., et al. 2015, J Diabetes Res., 2015, 490842.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-261
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin