- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Sf21 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Human GCN5 is fused to a His-tag.
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: ~200-300ng are required for standard HAT assay.
- PURITY: >95% (SDS-PAGE)
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: In 50mM TRIS-HCl, pH 7.5, containing 100mM sodium chloride, 0.2% NP-40, 50mM imidazole and 10% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: Lot dependent (0.2-0.5mg/ml)
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -80°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KAT2A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GCN5L2, Histone Acetyltransferase GCN5, Histone Acetyltransferase KAT2A, Lysine Acetyltransferase 2A, STAF97
- Protein Accession Number: Q92830
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 209572743
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2648
- GCN5 functions as a histone acetyltransferase (HAT) to promote transcriptional activation. Acetylation of histones gives a specific tag for epigenetic transcription activation. It has significant histone acetyltransferase activity with core histones, but not with nucleosome core particles. In case of HIV-1 infection, it is recruited by the viral protein Tat. It regulates Tat's transactivating activity and may help inducing chromatin remodeling of proviral genes. GCN5 is a component of the Ada Two-A containing (ATAC) complex, a complex with histone acetyltransferase activity on histones H3 and H4.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-345
- Size: 2 ug
- List Price: $335.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805