- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Peptide corresponding to amino acid residues from the C-terminal region of rat GAT-2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: The antibody has been directly tested for reactivity in immunohistochemistry in rat cortex and retinal sections. It is anticipated that the antibody will also work in mouse sections based on the fact that this species has 100% homology with the amino acid sequence used as antigen.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 82
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GAT-2 antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Slc6a13
- Protein Accession Number: P31646
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 400624
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 171163
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, causing a hyperpolarization of the membrane through the opening of a Cl− channel associated with the GABAA receptor (GABAA-R) subtype. GABA plasma membrane transporters (GATs) influence synaptic neurotransmission by high-affinity uptake and release of GABA. To date, four distinct GABA transporters have been identified: GAT-1, GAT-2, GAT-3, and BGT-1. GAT-2 is found in a wide range of neuronal and non-neuronal cells including dendrites and axon terminals as well as epithelial cells and cells forming the pia and arachnoid complex (Conti et al., 1999).
- 1: Conti F, Zucharello LV, Barbaresi P, Minelli A, Brecha NC, Melone M, (1999) Neuronal, glial, and epithelial localization of gamma-aminobutyric acid transporter 2, a high affinity gamma-aminobutyric acid plasma membrane transporter, in the cerebral cortex and neighboring structures. J. Comp Neurol. 409(3): 482-494.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-216
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.