- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rabbit: (95%)
- IMMUNOGEN: GAS6 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of human GAS6.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 60 - 110 of GAS6.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GAS6 antibody can be used for the detection of GAS6 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: GAS6 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least four isoforms of GAS6 are known to exist; this antibody will only detect the longest isoform.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1401 - Mouse Heart Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 75 kDa
Observed: 75 kDa
- PURIFICATION: GAS6 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GAS6 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GAS6 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GAS6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Growth arrest-specific 6 protein, AXSF, AXLLG
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000811
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4557617
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2621
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The growth arrest-specific 6 (GAS6) protein is a gamma-carboxyglutamic acid (Gla)-containing protein and a member of a family of plasma vitamin K-dependent proteins. GAS6 is involved in vascular homeostasis, cell proliferation, apoptosis, leukocyte migration, and platelet aggregation (1,2). GAS6 is the ligand for the type I transmembrane receptor tyrosine kinase receptors Tyro3, Axl, and Mer (3). This gene is frequently overexpressed in many cancers and has been implicated as an adverse prognostic marker (4). Elevated protein levels are additionally associated with a variety of disease states, including venous thromboembolic disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, chronic renal failure, and preeclampsia (2).
- 1: Schneider C, King RM, and Philipson L. Genes specifically expressed at growth arrest of mammalian cells. Cell 1988; 54:787-93.
- 2: Laurance S, Lemarie CA, and Blostein MD. Growth arrest-specific gene 6 (gas6) and vascular hemostasis. Adv. Nutr. 2012; 3:196-203.
- 3: Stitt TN, Conn G, Gore M, et al. The anticoagulation factor protein S and its relative, Gas6, are ligands for the Tyro 3/Axl family of receptor tyrosine kinases. Cell 1995; 80:661-70.
- 4: van der Meer JH, van der Poll T, and van ‘t Veer C. TAM receptors, Gas6, and protein S: roles in inflammation and hemostasis. Blood 2014; 123:2460-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8365
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin