- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Sheep: (87%), Rabbit: (87%), Pig: (87%), Bovine: (87%), Chicken: (87%)
- IMMUNOGEN: GAPDH antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino-terminus of human GAPDH.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 60 - 110 of GAPDH.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GAPDH antibody can be used for the detection of GAPDH by Western blot at 0. 125 - 0.5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-201 - Human Liver Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: GAPDH Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GAPDH Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GAPDH antibody can be stored at 4°C up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GAPDH
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GAPDH Antibody: G3PD, GAPD, HEL-S-162eP, CDABP0047, OK/SW-cl.12, Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, Peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase GAPDH, GAPDH
- Protein Accession Number: P04406
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 120649
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2597
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- GAPDH Antibody: Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) catalyzes the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate in the presence of inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), an important energy-yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism. Recent evidence suggests that it also is involved in a number of cellular processes such as membrane fusion, phosphotransferase activity, DNA replication and repair, and nuclear RNA export. GAPDH has also been implicated in playing a role in different pathologies such as cancer progression, apoptosis, and neuronal diseases such as Alzheimer's and Huntington's disease. GAPDH is constitutively expressed at high levels in almost all tissues and cell lines making it ideal for use as a loading control marker in immunoblots.
- 1: Sirover MA. New nuclear functions of the glycolytic protein, glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, in mammalian cells. J. Cell. Biochem. 2005; 95:45-52.
- 2: Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, apoptosis, and neurodegenerative diseases. Annu. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 2005; 45:269-90.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3783
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin