- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: GAPDH antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human GAPDH.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GAPDH antibody can be used for the detection of GAPDH by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: GAPDH Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GAPDH Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GAPDH antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GAPDH
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GAPDH Antibody: Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, G3PDH, GAPD
- Protein Accession Number: P04406
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 120649
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2597
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- GAPDH Antibody: Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) catalyzes the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate in the presence of inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), an important energy-yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism. Recent evidence suggests that it also is involved in a number of cellular processes such as membrane fusion, phosphotransferase activity, DNA replication and repair, and nuclear RNA export. GAPDH has also been implicated in playing a role in different pathologies such as cancer progression, apoptosis, and neuronal diseases such as Alzheimer's and Huntington's disease. GAPDH is constitutively expressed at high levels in almost all tissues and cell lines making it ideal for use as a loading control marker in immunoblots.
- 1: Sirover MA. New nuclear functions of the glycolytic protein, glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, in mammalian cells. J. Cell. Biochem. 2005; 95:45-52.
- 2: Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, apoptosis, and neurodegenerative diseases. Annu. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 2005; 45:269-90.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3781
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.