- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant full length human gamma Catenin fused to maltose binding protein was used as the immunogen for the Plakoglobin antibody. The epitope has been found to be in the N-terminal region.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IP, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
WB: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Titration of the Plakoglobin antibody may be required due to differences in protocols and secondary/substrate sensitivity.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: JUP
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Junction plakoglobin, Catenin gamma, Desmoplakin III, Desmoplakin-3, JUP, CTNNG, DP3
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3728
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- It recognizes a protein of 80-87kDa, identified as gamma-Catenin or Plakoglobin. The catenins (alpha, beta, gamma and δ) are ubiquitously expressed, cytoplasmic proteins that associate with E-cadherin at cellular junctions. Catenin/cadherin complexes play an important role in mediating cellular adhesion. alpha T-catenin, also referred to as VR22, is a 895-amino acid protein that is most abundantly expressed in cardio-myocytes and in the peritubular myoid cells of the testis. alpha T-catenin binds to alpha E-catenin as well as to beta-catenin, and it functions to inhibit Wnt signaling. CTNNA3, the gene that encodes for alpha-T-catenin, is located on chromosome 10, and mutations in this gene show a strong correlation to late-onset Alzheimer s disease (LOAD) as well as to dilated cardiomyopathy.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-585
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin