- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met 1 - Ile 326
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 38.6 kDa
- PURITY: >92% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level is less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM HEPES, 150 mM NaCl, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Galectin-4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LGALS4,L36LBP,Gal-4,Antigen NY-CO-27,Lactose-binding lectin 4
- Protein Accession Number: Q8K419-1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 16855
- Galectin-4 (Gal-4), also known as L36LBP (L-36 lactose-binding protein). The galectins are a family of beta-galactoside-binding proteins implicated in modulating cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions. Galectin-4 expression is concentrated within microvilli in the gastrointestinal epithelium, where it can interact with CD3 and bind activated T cells in the lamina propria during intestinal inflammation. LGALS4 is an S-type lectin that is strongly underexpressed in colorectal cancer.
- 1: Barondes SH., et al., 1994, J. Biol. Chem. 269 (33): 20807-20810.
- 2: Yang, RY., et al., 2008, Expert Rev. Mol. Med. 10: e17.
- 3: Ideo H., et al., 2007, J. Biol. Chem. 282 (29): 21081-21089.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-996
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $585.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.