- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: ADNFSLHDAL SGSGNPNPQG WPGAWGNQPA GAGGYPGASY PGAYPGQAPP GAYPGQAPPG AYHGAPGAYP GAPAPGVYPG PPSGPGAYPS SGQPSAPGAY PATGPYGAPA GPLIVPYNLP LPGGVVPRML ITILGTVKPN ANRIALDFQR GNDVAFHFNP RFNENNRRVI VCNTKLDNNW GREERQSVFP FESGKPFKIQ VLVEPDHFKV AVNDAHLLQY NHRVKKLNEI SKLGISGDID LTSASYTMI
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by its ability to chemoattract human blood monocytes. Chemotactic activity was observed at a concentration of 2.5 μg/mL with a peak response obtained at 250 μg/mL.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Galectin-3 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Galectin-3 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Galectin-3 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LGALS3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: L31, GAL3, MAC2, CBP35, GALBP, GALIG, LGALS2, Galectin-3, 35 kDa lectin, Gal-3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002297.2
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 115430223
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3958
- Lectins, of either plant or animal origin, are carbohydrate binding proteins that interact with glycoprotein and glycolipids on the surface of animal cells. The Galectins are lectins that recognize and interact with beta-galactoside moieties. Galectin-3 regulates a number of biological processes, including embryogenesis, inflammatory responses, cell progression and metastasis. Galectin-3 is normally expressed in epithelia of a variety of tissues, including colon and endometrium, and in various inflammatory cells, including macrophages. Galectin-3 can function intracellularly, in controlling cell cycle and preventing T-cell apoptosis, and also extracellularly, in activating various cells, including monocytes/macrophages, mast cells, neutrophils, and lymphocytes. Expression of Galectin-3 is affected by neoplastic transformation, being up-regulated in certain types of lymphomas, and in thyroid and hepatic carcinomas. Conversely, it is down-regulated in other cancers, such as colon, breast, ovarian, and uterine. Recombinant human Galectin-3 is a globular 26.0kDa protein containing 250 amino acid residues, but no disulfide bonds.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-329
- Size: 0.01 mg | 0.05 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin