- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: GABARAPL2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human GABARAPL2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of GABARAPL2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: GABARAPL2 antibody can be used for detection of GABARAPL2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/mL. For Immunoflorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse and rat samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: GABARAPL2 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. Multiple isoforms of GABARAPL2 are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 13 kDa
Observed: 13 kDa
- PURIFICATION: GABARAPL2 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: GABARAPL2 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GABARAPL2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GABARAPL2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: GABARAPL2 Antibody: ATG8, GEF2, ATG8C, GEF-2, GATE16, GATE-16, FLC3A, Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor-associated protein-like 2, Ganglioside expression factor 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_009216
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6005768
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 11345
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the main inhibitory transmitter by increasing a Cl-conductance that inhibits neuronal firing in the central nervous system (1). It has been shown to activate both ionotropic (GABAA) and metabotropic (GABAB) receptors as well as a third class of receptors called GABAC (2). GABARAPL2 (GABAA receptor-associated protein-like 2), also known as GATE16, was initially identified as a membrane transport modulator and is a mammalian ortholog to the autophagy protein ATG8 (3,4). It is thought that GABARAPL2 and other members of the ATG8 family act as scaffolds for assembly of the Unc-51 like kinase (ULK) complex in the formation of autophagosomes (5).
- 1: Cherubini E, Gaiarsa JL, and Ben-Ari Y. GABA: an excitatory transmitter in early postnatal life. Trends Neurosci.1991; 14:515-19.
- 2: Dirkx R Jr, Thomas A, Li L, et al. Targeting of the 67 kDa isoform of glutamic acid decarboxylase to intracellular organelles is mediated by its interaction with the NH2-terminal region of the 65 kDa isoform of glutamic acid decarboxylase. J. Biol. Chem. 1995; 270:2241-6.
- 3: Sagiv Y, Legesse-Miller A, Porat A, et al. GATE-16, a membrane transport modulator, interacts with NSF and the Golgi v-SNARE GOS-28. EMBO J. 2000; 19:1494-504.
- 4: Paz Y, Elazar Z, and Fass D. Structure of GATE-16, membrane transport modulator and mammalian ortholog of autophagocytosis factor Aut7p. J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275:25445-50.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7895
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin