- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Fusion protein from N-terminal region of the a3-subunit of rat GABAA receptor.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: The antibody has been directly tested for reactivity in Western blots with rat and mouse tissue.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 51
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: GABAA Receptor antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Gabra3
- Protein Accession Number: P20236
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 120761
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 24947
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, causing a hyperpolarization of the membrane through the opening of a Cl− channel associated with the GABAA receptor (GABAA-R) subtype. GABAA-Rs are important therapeutic targets for a range of sedative, anxiolytic, and hypnotic agents and are implicated in several diseases including epilepsy, anxiety, depression, and sub-stance abuse. The GABAA-R is a multimeric subunit complex. To date six alphas, four betas and four gammas, plus alternative splicing variants of some of these subunits, have been identified (Olsen and Tobin, 1990; Whiting et al., 1999; Ogris et al., 2004). Injection in oocytes or mammalian cell lines of cRNA coding for alpha- and beta-subunits results in the expression of functional GABAA-Rs sensitive to GABA. However, coexpression of a gamma-subunit is required for benzodiazepine modulation. The various effects of the benzodiazepines in brain may also be mediated via different alpha-subunits of the receptor (McKernan et al., 2000; Mehta and Ticku, 1998; Ogris et al., 2004; Pöltl et al., 2003).
- 1: McKernan RM, et al. (2000) Sedative but not anxiolytic properties of benzodiazepines are mediated by the GABAA receptor α1-subtype. Nature Neurosci 3:587-592.
- 2: Mehta AK, Ticku MK (1998) Prevalence of the GABAA receptor assemblies containing α1-subunit in the rat cerebellum and cerebral cortex as determined by immunoprecipitation: Lack of modulation by chronic ethanol administration. Mol Brain Res 67:194-199.
- 3: Ogris W, Pöltl A, Hauer B, Ernst M, Oberto A, Wulff P, Höger H, Wisden W, Sieghart W (2004) Affinity of various benzodiazepine site ligands in mice with a point mutation in the GABAA receptor γ2-subunit. Biochem Pharmacol 68:1621-1629.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-210
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.