- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: High-5 Insect cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: DLNVKAAWAQ GYTGHGIVVS ILDDGIEKNH PDLAGNYDPG ASFDVNDQDP DPQPRYTQMN DNRHGTRCAG EVAAVANNGV CGVGVAYNAR IGGVRMLDGE VTDAVEARSL GLNPNHIHIY SASWGPEDDG KTVDGPARLA EEAFFRGVSQ GRGGLGSIFV WASGNGGREH DSCNCDGYTN SIYTLSISSA TQFGNVPWYS EACSSTLATT YSSGNQNEKQ IVTTDLRQKC TESHTGTSAS APLAAGIIAL TLEANKNLTW RDMQHLVVQT SKPAHLNAND WATNGVGRKV SHSYGYGLLD AGAMVALAQN WTTVAPQRKC IIDILTEPKD IGKRLEVRKT VTACLGEPNH ITRLEHAQAR LTLSYNRRGD LAIHLVSPMG TRSTLLAARP HDYSADGFND WAFMTTHSWD EDPSGEWVLE IENTSEANNY GTLTKFTLVL YGTAPEGLPV PPESSGCKTL TSSQACVVCE EGFSLHQKSC VQHCPPGFAP QVLDTHYSTE NDVETIRASV CAPC
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was measured by its ability to cleave the fluorogenic peptide substrate Boc-Arg-Val-Arg-Arg-AMC (Bachem Catalog# I-1645.0025). Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PURITY: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Furin recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Furin stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Furin recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FURIN
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FUR, PACE, SPC1, PCSK3, FUR, Furin, Dibasic-processing enzyme
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001276752.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 577019578
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5045
- Proteases (also called Proteolytic Enzymes, Peptidases, or Proteinases) are enzymes that hydrolyze the amide bonds within proteins or peptides. Most proteases act in a specific manner, hydrolyzing bonds at or adjacent to specific residues or a specific sequence of residues contained within the substrate protein or peptide. Proteases play an important role in most diseases and biological processes including prenatal and postnatal development, reproduction, signal transduction, the immune response, various autoimmune and degenerative diseases, and cancer. They are also an important research tool, frequently used in the analysis and production of proteins. Furin is a calcium dependent serine endoprotease that processes numerous proproteins of different secretory pathways into their mature forms by cleaving at the carboxyl side of the recognition sequence, R-Xaa-(K/R)-R, where Xaa can be any amino acid. Recombinant human Furin is a 63.9 kDa protein, corresponding to residues 131 through 715 of the Furin precursor plus a C-terminal His tag.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-542
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805