- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%), Mouse: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: FTO antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human FTO.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of FTO.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: FTO antibody can be used for detection of FTO by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1317 - Human Uterus Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: FTO Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: FTO Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: FTO antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FTO
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FTO Antibody: ALKBH9, KIAA1752, Alpha-ketoglutarate-dependent dioxygenase FTO, Fat mass and obesity-associated protein
- Protein Accession Number: Q9C0B1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 148841515
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79068
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FTO Antibody: Rising obesity rates are rapidly becoming a growing health concern in the developing world. The fat mass and obesity associated gene (FTO) is the first gene discovered to contribute to common forms of human obesity. FTO is a member of the non-heme dioxygenase superfamily, encoding a 2-oxoglutarate-dependent nucleic acid demethylase whose mRNA is widely expressed, especially in neurons of feeding-related nuclei of the brain. FTO mRNA in the arcuate nucleus in mice is up-regulated by feeding and down-regulated during fasting, although the opposite pattern has been observed in rats. At least four isoforms of FTO are known to exist.
- 1: Scuteri A, Sanna S, Chen W-M, et al. Genome-wide association scan shows genetic variants in the FTO gene are associated with obesity-related traits. PloS Genet.2007; 3:e115.
- 2: Gerken T, Girard CA, Tung YCL, et al. The obesity-associated FTO gene encodes a 2-oxyglutarate-dependent nucleic acid demethylase. Science2007; 318:1469-72.
- 3: Fredriksson R, Hagglund M, Olszewski PK, et al. The obesity gene, FTO, is of ancient origin, upregulated during food deprivation and expressed in neurons of feeding-related nuclei of the brain. Endocrinology2008; 149:2062-71.
- 4: Stratigopoulous G, Padilla S, Leduc CA, et al. Regulation of FTO/FTM gene expression in mice and humans. Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol.2008; 294:R1185-96.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5137
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.