- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: FOXO4 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human FOXO4.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of FOXO4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: FOXO4 antibody can be used for detection of FOXO4 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: FOXO4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: FOXO4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: FOXO4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FOXO4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FOXO4 Antibody: AFX, AFX1, MLLT7, AFX, Forkhead box protein O4, Fork head domain transcription factor AFX1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_005929
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 103472003
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4303
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FOXO4 Antibody: FOXO4 is a ubiquitously expressed protein member of a subfamily of the forkhead homeotic gene family of transcription factors and shuttles between the cytoplasm and nucleus. FOXO transcription factors are key players of cell fate decisions, metabolism, stress resistance, tumor suppression and are regulated by growth factors, oxidative stress or nutrient deprivation. In the absence of PI3K/AKT activation, FOXO4 localizes in the nucleus where it functions as a transcription factor. FOXO4 can also be phosphorylated by JNK following induction of reactive oxygen species (ROS), resulting in transcriptional activation and the induction of a negative feedback mechanism to counteract the ROS. It is through this mechanism that FOXO4 is thought to sensitize cancer cells to doxorubicin-mediated toxicity.
- 1: Anderson MJ, Viars CS, Czekay S, et al. Cloning and characterization of three human forkhead genes that comprise an FKHR-like gene subfamily. Genomics1998; 47:187-99.
- 2: Greer EL and Brunet A. FOXO transcription factors at the interface between longevity and tumor suppression. Oncogene2005; 24:7410-25.
- 3: Manning BD and Cantley LC. AKT/PKB signaling: navigating downstream. Cell2007; 129:1261-74.
- 4: Essers MA, Weijzen S, de Vries-Smits AM, et al. FOXO transcription factor activation by oxidative stress mediated by the small GTPase Ral and JNK. EMBO J.2004; 23:4802-12.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5815
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.