- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (86%), Rat: (79%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal FOXA1 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the center of human FOXA1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 270 - 320 of FOXA1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: FOXA1 antibody can be used for detection of FOXA1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Multiple isoforms of FOXA1 exists as a result of alternative splicing event.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 52 kDa
- PURIFICATION: FOXA1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: FOXA1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: FOXA1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FOXA1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FOXA1 Antibody: HNF3A, TCF3A, HNF3A, Hepatocyte nuclear factor 3-alpha, Forkhead box protein A1, HNF-3-alpha
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004487
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 24497501
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3169
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FOXA1 Antibody: FOXA1 is one of three members of the FOXA family, a subset of the forkhead family of transcription factors which play vital roles in development. It has also been implicated in the development of a number of other organs including the androgen and estrogen regulated tissues of the breast and prostate. FOXA1 modulates the transcriptional activity of nuclear hormone receptors and regulates apoptosis by inhibiting the expression of BCL-2. It is an essential protein for the transcriptional activity of both androgen receptor (AR) and estrogen receptor-α (ER). FOXA1 plays a pivotal role from early stage cancer through to drug resistant and metastatic disease. FOXA1 is not only an attractive therapeutic target but could potentially function as a novel biomarker.
- 1: Hannenhalli S and Kaestner KH. The evolution of Fox genes and their role in development and disease. Nat. Rev. Genet. 2009; 10:233-40.
- 2: Costa RH, Grayson DR, and Darnell JE Jr. Multiple hepatocyte-enriched nuclear factors function in the regulation of transthyretin and alpha 1-antitrypsin genes. Mol. Cell. Biol. 1989; 9:1415-25.
- 3: Bernardo GM and Keri RA. FOXA1: a transcription factor with parallel functions in development and cancer. Biosci. Rep. 2012; 32:113-30.
- 4: Robinson JL and Carroll JS. FoxA1 is a key mediator of hormonal response in breast and prostate cancer. Front. Endocrinol 2012; 3:68.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7255
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin