- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Thr 17 - His 228
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 26 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its binding ability in a functional ELISA. When Folic AcidBovine Serum Albumin was coated at 5μg/ml (100μl/well), the concentration of rhFOLR2 that produces 50% of the optimal binding response was found to be approximately 0. 15-1. 1 nM.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FOLR2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FOLR2, BETA-HFR, FBP/PL-1, FR-BETA, FR-P3, FBP
- Protein Accession Number: P14207-1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2350
- Folate receptor beta is also known as Folate receptor 2, FBP, FOLR2, BETA-HFR, FBP/PL-1, FR-BETA, FR-P3, and is a member of the folate receptor (FOLR) family. and mediate delivery of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate to the interior of cells. This protein has a 68% and 79% sequence homology with the FOLR1 and FOLR3 proteins, respectively. The FOLR2 protein was originally thought to exist only in placenta, but is also detected in spleen, bone marrow, and thymus. FOLR2 is predominantly expressed in placenta, cells of the neutrophilic lineage, and some CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells. It is upregulated on myeloid leukemias, head and neck squamous cell carcinomas, and several nonepithelial cancers. It is also upregulated on macrophages and monocytes at chronic inflammatory sites including rheumatoid arthritis synovium and glioblastoma. FOLR2 is a marker for macrophages generated in the presence of M-CSF, but not GM-CSF. Its expression correlates with increased folate uptake ability. Folate conjugates of therapeutic drugs are a potential immunotherapy tool to target tumor-associated macrophages.
- 1: Ratnam, M. et al., 1989, Biochemistry, 28(20):8249-54.
- 2: Ross, J.F. et al., 1999, Cancer, 85:348.
- 3: Reddy, J.A. et al., 1999, Blood, 93:3940.
- 4: Ross, J.F. et al.,1994, Cancer 73:2432.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-326
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $420.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.