- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This FOLR2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 17-44 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human FOLR2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 29 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FOLR2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Folate receptor beta, FR-beta, Folate receptor 2, Folate receptor, fetal/placental, Placental folate-binding protein, FBP, FOLR2
- Protein Accession Number: P14207
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 116241366
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2350
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the folatereceptor (FOLR) family, and these genes exist in a cluster onchromosome 11. Members of this gene family have a high affinity forfolic acid and for several reduced folic acid derivatives, and theymediate delivery of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate to the interior ofcells. This protein has a 68% and 79% sequence homology with theFOLR1 and FOLR3 proteins, respectively. Although this protein wasoriginally thought to be specific to placenta, it can also exist inother tissues, and it may play a role in the transport ofmethotrexate in synovial macrophages in rheumatoid arthritispatients. Multiple transcript variants that encode the same proteinhave been found for this gene.
- 1: Bailey, S.D., et al. Diabetes Care 33(10):2250-2253(2010)
- 2: O'Byrne, M.R., et al. Birth Defects Res. PartClin. Mol. Teratol. 88(8):689-694(2010)
- 3: Jugessur, A., et al. PLoS ONE(7), E11493 (2010) :
- 4: Yokoyama, K., et al. Nephron Clin Pract 115 (4), C237-C243 (2010) :
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 58-204
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.