- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: GNCWLRQAKN GRCQVLYKTE LSKEECCSTG RLSTSWTEED VNDNTLFKWM IFNGGAPNCI PCKETCENVD CGPGKKCRMN KKNKPRCVCA PDCSNITWKG PVCGLDGKTY RNECALLKAR CKEQPELEVQ YQGRCKKTCR DVFCPGSSTC VVDQTNNAYC VTCNRICPEP ASSEQYLCGN DGVTYSSACH LRKATCLLGR SIGLAYEGKC IKAKSCEDIQ CTGGKKCLWD FKVGRGRCSL CDELCPDSKS DEPVCASDNA TYASECAMKE AACSSGVLLE VKHSGSCN
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by its ability to neutralize Activin A inhibitory effect of murine MPC - 11 cells. The expected ED50is 0.1 - 0.4 μg/mL in the presence of 7.5 ng/mL Activin A.
- PURITY: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Follistatin recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Follistatin is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Follistatin recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FST
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FS, Follistatin, Activin-binding protein, FS
- Protein Accession Number: NP_006341.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5453652
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10468
- Follistatin is a secreted protein that binds to ligands of the TGF-β family and regulates their activity by inhibiting their access to signaling receptors. It was originally discovered as activin antagonists whose activity suppresses expression and secretion of the pituitary hormone FSH (follicle stimulating hormone). In addition to being a natural antagonist, follistatin can inhibit the activity of other TGF-β ligands including BMP-2,-4,-6,-7, Myostatin, GDF-11, and TGF-β1. Follistatin is expressed in the pituitary, ovaries, decidual cells of the endometrium, and in some other tissues. Recombinant human Follistatin is a 31.5 kDa protein containing 288 amino acids. Its primary structure contains three cysteine-rich domains (called FS domains), each followed by a protease-inhibitory kazal domain.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-211
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.02 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin