- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This FNTA antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 330-360 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human FNTA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 44 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FNTA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Protein farnesyltransferase/geranylgeranyltransferase type-1 subunit alpha, CAAX farnesyltransferase subunit alpha, FTase-alpha, Ras proteins prenyltransferase subunit alpha, Type I protein geranyl-geranyltransferase subunit alpha, GGTase-I-alpha, FNTA
- Protein Accession Number: P49354
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1346694
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2339
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FNTA, also known as CAAX farnesyltransferase (FTase), attaches a farnesyl group from farnesyl pyrophosphate to cysteine residues at the fourth position from the C terminus of proteins that end in the so-called CAAX box, where C is cysteine, A is usually but not always an aliphatic amino acid, and X is typically methionine or serine. This type of posttranslational modification provides a mechanism for membrane localization of proteins that lack a transmembrane domain. This enzyme has the remarkable property of farnesylating peptides as short as four residues in length that conform to the CAAX consensus sequence.FNTA is also a specific cytoplasmic interactor of the transforming growth factor-beta and activin type I receptors. It is likely to be a key component of the signaling pathway which involves p21ras, an important substrate for farnesyltransferase.
- 1: Wang, T., et al., Science 271(5252):1120-1122 (1996).
- 2: Zhang, F.L., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 269(5):3175-3180 (1994).
- 3: Andres, D.A., et al., Genomics 18(1):105-112 (1993).
- 4: Omer, C.A., et al., Biochemistry 32(19):5167-5176 (1993).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 61-394
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.