- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Baculovirus
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Thr 27 - Pro 185
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 19.9 kDa. The protein migrates as 22-28 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 19.9 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FLT3LG
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FLT3LG,FL,FLT3L,Flt3 ligand
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001450.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2323
- FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3 ligand (Flt-3 Ligand) is also known as FL, Flt3L and FLT3LG, is an α-helical cytokine that promotes the differentiation of multiple hematopoietic cell lineages. FLT3LG is expressed as a noncovalentlylinked dimer by T cells and bone marrow and thymic fibroblasts. Each 36 kDa chain carries approximately 12 kDa of N- and O- linked carbohydrates. FLT3LG is structurally homologous to stem cell factor (SCF) and colony stimulating facor 1 (CSF-1). FLT3LG acts as a growth factor that increases the number of immune cells by activating the hematopoietic progenitors. It also induces the mobilization of the hematopoietic progenitors and stem cells in vivo which may help the system to kill cancer cells. FLT3LG induces the expansion of monocytes and immature dendritic cells as well as early B cell lineage differentiation. FLT3LG cooperates with IL2, IL6, IL7, and IL15 to induce NK cell development and with IL3, IL7 and IL11 to induce terminal B cell maturation. Animal studies also show FLT3LG to reduce the severity of experimentally induced allergic inflammation. FLT3LG is crucial for steady-state pDC and cDC development. A lack of FLT3L results in low levels of DCs.
- 1: Wodnar-Filipowicz A., 2003, News Physiol Sci., 18:247-51.
- 2: McClanahan T., et al., 1996, Blood, 88(9):3371-82.
- 3: Diener K.R. et al., 2008, Exp Hematol., 36(1):51-60.
- 4: Farag SS, Caligiuri MA, 2006, Blood Rev. 20(3):123-37.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-434
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $505.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805