- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Human: (77%)
- IMMUNOGEN: FLIP antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of mouse FLIP.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of FLIP.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: FLIP antibody can be used for the detection of FLIP by Western blot at 1-2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: FLIP has short form (FLIPS) and long form (FLIPL) and antibody recognizes the FLIPL only.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1212 - 3T3 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-201 - 3T3/BALB Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 53 kDa
Observed: 58 kDa
- PURIFICATION: FLIP Antibody is Antibody is DEAE purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: FLIP Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: FLIP antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CFLAR
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FLIP Antibody: CASH, FLIP, MRIT, CLARP, FLAME, Casper, FLAME1, c-FLIP, FLAME-1, I-FLICE, c-FLIPL, c-FLIPR, c-FLIPS, CASP8AP1, CASH, CASP8 and FADD-like apoptosis regulator, Caspase homolog
- Protein Accession Number: AAC51622
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 2253679
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8837
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FLIP Antibody: Apoptosis is related to many diseases and induced by a family of cell death receptors and their ligands. Cell death signals are transduced by death domain (DD) containing adapter molecules and members of the ICE/CED-3 protease family.Caspases-8 (FLICE) and -10 (FLICE2) are two pivotal members in the ICE/CED-3 protease family. FLICE-inhibitory proteins were identified in virus and human and designated v-FLIPs and FLIP respectively. The human FLIP was also cloned by several labs independently and termed Casper, I-FLICE, FLAME-1, CASH, CLARP and MRIT. FLIP contains two death effector domains (DEDs) and a caspase-like domain. FLIP interacts with adapter protein FADD and caspase-8 and 10, and potently inhibits apoptosis induced by all known death receptors CD95, DR3, TRAIL-R and TNFR1.
- 1: Thome M, Schneider P, Hofmann K, Fickenscher H, Meinl E, Neipel F, Mattmann C, Burns K, Bodmer JL, Schroter M, Scaffidi C, Krammer PH, Peter ME, Tschopp J. Viral FLICE-inhibitory proteins (FLIPs) prevent apoptosis induced by death receptors. Nature 1997;386:517-521.
- 2: Irmler M, Thome M, Hahne M, Schneider P, Hofmann K, Steiner V, Bodmer JL, Schroter M, Burns K, Mattmann C, Rimoldi D, French LE, Tschopp J. Inhibition of death receptor signals by cellular FLIP. Nature 1997;388:190-195.
- 3: Shu HB, Halpin DR , Goeddel DV. Casper is a FADD- and caspase-related inducer of apoptosis. Immunity 1997;6:751-763.
- 4: Hu S, Vincenz C, Ni J, Gentz R, Dixit VM. I-FLICE, a novel inhibitor of tumor necrosis factor receptor-1- and CD-95-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem 1997;272:17255-17257.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 1156
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin