- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (94%)
- IMMUNOGEN: FLASH antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human FLASH which differ from those of mouse by one amino acid.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of FLASH.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: FLASH antibody can be used for detection of FLASH by Western blot at 0.5 μg/mL. An approximate 220 kDa band can be detected. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 220 kDa
- PURIFICATION: FLASH Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: FLASH Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: FLASH antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CASP8AP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FLASH Antibody: CED-4, FLASH, RIP25, KIAA1315, CASP8-associated protein 2, FLICE-associated huge protein
- Protein Accession Number: AF165161
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5533376
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9994
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FLASH Antibody: A novel mammalian CED-4 homologous was recently identified and cloned in mouse and human and designated FLASH (for FLICE-associated huge protein). FLASH is involved in Fas induced apoptosis. It is recruited to Fas after the receptor cross-linking. Overexpression of wild type of FLASH facilitates and its dominant negative form inhibits Fas induced apoptosis. FLASH interacts with the DEDs of caspase-8 and FADD through the DED-like domain of FLASH and mediates activation of caspase-8. There are parallels between FLASH and Apaf-1/CED-4 although there are arguments against their structural similarity. FLASH is widely expressed.
- 1: Imai Y, Kimura T, Murakami A, Yajima N, Sakamaki K, Yonehara S. The CED-4-homologous protein FLASH is involved in Fas-mediated activation of caspase-8 during apoptosis. Nature 1999;398:777-85
- 2: Koonin EV, Aravind L, Hofmann K, Tschopp J, Dixit VM Apoptosis. Searching for FLASH domains. Nature 1999;401:662-3
- 3: Medema JP. Apoptosis. Life and death in a FLASH. Nature 1999;398:756-7 (WD0800)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2271
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin