- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Rabbit: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: FKBP12 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the center of human FKBP12.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of FKBP12.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: FKBP12 antibody can be used for detection of FKBP12 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunocytochemistry at 5 μg/mL. For Immunoflorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: FKBP12 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1202 - A431 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-002 - A-431 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 12 kDa
Observed: 12 kDa
- PURIFICATION: FKBP12 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: FKBP12 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: FKBP12 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FKBP1A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: FKBP12 Antibody: FKBP1, PKC12, PKCI2, FKBP12, PPIASE, FKBP-12, FKBP-1A, FKBP1, Peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase FKBP1A, 12 kDa FK506-binding protein, PPIase FKBP1A
- Protein Accession Number: NP_463460
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 17149836
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2280
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FKBP, or FK506 binding protein, is a family of proteins that have prolyl isomerase activity and are related to the cyclophilins in function (1). FKBP12, also called FKBP1, was originally identified as a target of FK506 and rapamycin activity and catalyzes the transition between cis and transproline residues critical for proper folding of proteins (2). FKBP12 is an abundant, evolutionarily conserved cytoplasmic protein that is an important regulator of diverse array of cellular processes including T cell activation, entry into the cell cycle and intracellular calcium release (3-5).
- 1: Siekierka JJ, Hung SH, Poe M, et al. A cytosolic binding protein for the immunosuppressant FK506 has peptidyl-prolyl isomerase activity but is distinct from cyclophilin. Nature 1989; 341:755-7.
- 2: Michnick SW, Rosen MK, Wandless TJ, et al. Solution structure of FKBP, a rotamase enzyme and receptor for FK506 and rapamycin. Science 1991; 252:836-9.
- 3: Wang T, Donahoe PK, and Zervos AS. Specific interaction of type I receptors of the TGF-beta family with the immunophilin FKBP-12. Science 1994; 265:674-6.
- 4: Wen H, Kang S, Song Y, et al. Characterization of the binding sites for the interactions between FKBP12 and intracellular calcium release channels. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 2012; 517:37-42.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7789
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.